This the is “vision” that the Repugnican Tea Party has for the United States of America.
The members of the Repugnican Tea Party in the U.S. House of Representatives promised to make jobs and the economy their No. 1 issue. But let’s tick off what they’ve actually “accomplished” thus far:
- They read the U.S. Constitution to us aloud — minus those unpleasant portions about slavery, of course.
- They have attacked Planned Parenthood and women’s rights.
- They have attacked the Environmental Protection Agency.
- They are engaged in a nationwide union-busting campaign that benefits only their corporate and plutocratic
- They have attacked our public servants, even our public-school teachers.
- They have attacked National Public Radio, and got the scalp of NPR’s president and CEO.
- Tomorrow they are to began McCarthyesque hearings on what a danger to the nation Muslim Americans are.
In short, the Repugnicans in the House have done nothing substantial toward bringing about national economic recovery.
They know that this is what they should be addressing, however, because they frequently are using the economy as their bullshit excuse to fulfill their Wingnut Wish List.
We can’t afford NPR, they claim, when in fact, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (NPR’s parent) – and Planned Parenthood — get a fucking pittance from the federal government compared to the bloated military-industrial complex, which is draining our nation of its lifeblood, a huge threat to the continued existence of our nation. (Many other empires collapsed due to military overextension and concomitant domestic rot.) Our public servants, too, get a negligible portion of the federal budget, and they’re worth every penny of their underpaid salaries.
The treasonous Repugnican Tea Party House members’ intent in these aforementioned instances isn’t to save us money – it’s to censor/silence NPR (and the Public Broadcasting System), to deny women their right to self-determination of their own fucking uteri, and to destroy every last governmental hurdle to complete corporate control of the nation.
It’s about the wingnuts in the U.S. House of Representatives throwing huge chunks of red meat to their base of plutocrats and “Christo”fascists. (The upcoming House hearings on “the Muslim problem” — remember Adolf Hitler’s “Jewish problem”? — especially are an early Christmas gift to the “Christo”fascists.)
If the Repugnican Tea Party members of the House were serious about tackling the nation’s federal budget deficit that “President” George W. Bush created by giving tax breaks to the rich and the super-rich while wasting hundreds of billions of our tax dollars in bogus warfare, they would make the rich and the super-rich pay their fair share of taxes and they would seriously, meaningfully cut the bloated budget of the military-industrial complex.
Instead, the Repugnican Tea Party is on a campaign to make the United States of America more and more like a third-world nation:
- Get rid of the Environmental Protection Agency — so that climate change accelerates, making the entire planet resemble the planet in the movies “The Road” or “WALL-E” or “Idiocracy.”
- Get rid of Planned Parenthood and outlaw abortion – so that we have many more mouths that we can’t feed and many more consumers of the planet’s limited resources, accelerating climate change and other environmental catastrophes.
- Privatize all of the public schools so that only the children of the rich and super-rich can get a decent education, and institute only right-wing and pro-corporate curricula in what remains of the crumbling, old public school system.
- Destroy all of the labor unions so that the corporations have no barriers in their mistreatment and exploitation of their wage slaves.
- Get rid of NPR and PBS – so that the only source Americans have of “news” and “information” is Faux “News” and the other right-wing, pro-corporate media.
- Continue to ignore homelessness and continue to build gated communities, in which the rich and the super-rich live, protected by their private security thugs, while everyone else lives in crime-infested squalor.
- Attack Muslims, literally and figuratively — so that we have perpetual enemies/“enemies” and thus perpetual warfare, a la George Orwell’s 1984.
This is some serious shit. Life as we know it — indeed, the very ability of the planet to sustain human life itself – is at stake if we, the people, don’t fight back against the traitors who spend every waking hour calculating how they can destroy us for their own selfish benefit.
We, the people, cannot depend upon the members of what excellent writer Chris Hedges calls the “liberal class” in his book Death of the Liberal Class.
Members of the so-called liberal class* include such hypocritical cowards as the supposedly pro-labor Barack Obama, who has remained mostly silent while tens of thousands of pro-labor Wisconsinites are in their third week of protests to keep the middle class and the working class in Wisconsin alive, and Vivian Schiller, the CEO and president of NPR who, instead of holding her ground against the right-wing assault on NPR, cut and run in order to appease the right-wing fascists who are out to destroy the nation.
We’re on our own.
No one is going to save us from the fascistic onslaught that we are witnessing now — except ourselves.
*I have a problem with the term “liberal class,” since these cowardly, self-serving hypocrites aren’t actually liberal. They pay lip service to liberal ideals, but their actions and their inaction only help the right wing. They are part of the problem, not part of the solution.